1982 Militaria Forum

British para helmets from 82

« Older   Newer »
RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 16/8/2013, 19:37 by: RAF REGIMENT GUNNER

QUOTE (La máquina verde @ 16/8/2013, 16:03) 
Estimated RAF REGIMENT GUNNER, who fantastic hulls is showing us here!!. The english men are very of manipulating his equipments and the combination of the American helmet cover of Viet Nam's hull, below the network and the aid of the black cord it was something typical of the images of the disembarkation in San Carlos. Did you know that Argentina also used the same case in some helmet M1?
It is for my innovation when your you recount, I will call you of you, to whom the first plastic hull of fiber with his plastic harness was unpopular, not it wise. Is it for it that they were trying to replace his chin-strap of canvas kaki?
Old Steel Para Helmet, another innovation for my to verify that they existed in versions camo, equal camo that on the Land Rover and trucks.
Magnificent collection, thank you very much for sharing it.
LMV

Estimado RAF REGIMENT GUNNER, que fantásticos cascos nos está mostrando aquí!!. Los ingleses son muy de manipular sus equipos y la combinación de la funda del casco americana de Viet Nam, por debajo de la red y el auxilio del cordón negro fue algo típico de las imágenes del desembarco en San Carlos. Sabías que Argentina también utilizó esta misma funda en algunos cascos M1?

Es para mi una novedad cuando tu refieres, te llamaré de ti, a que el primer casco plástico de fibra con sus arnés plástico era impopular, no lo sabia. Es por ello que intentaban reemplazar su barboquejo de lona kaki?

Old Steel Para Helmet, otra novedad para mi el comprobar que existieron en versiones camo, igual camo que sobre los Land Rover y camiones.

Magnífica colección, muchas gracias por compartirla.
LMV

Thank you LMV , There was no cover for gthe fibre helmet in 82 so as you say the British soldier improvised ! many used DPM hoods (I WILL POST EXAMPLE SOON ) others used sand bags ,but some like here used US Covers bought from surplus stores . I have seen photos of Mitchel and ERDL camo used(these will be in the next book) Yes I did know the the cover was used by the Argentinian army ,many pictures of the 25 RI show this.
the question of chinstraps is confusing but I will try to explain .When the helmet was trialled the experimental version had a thin nylon chinstrap
,a copy of the webbing version but in green nylon (the same as on the para bergan ) The version most seen in the 82 battles is the plastic and leather type but this was not popular so many replaced with the old steel helmet type .But just to add to the confusion some green webb version are seen in photos of 82(the same as is worn until today) so in conclusion 3 types of chinstrap system were used in 82 and the fibre helmet was the first issue and not experimental.
I hope this helps
Ollie

50 replies since 16/8/2013, 10:36   2832 views