view post Posted on 17/8/2013, 19:34

Edited by La máquina verde - 20/8/2013, 01:30

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 17/8/2013, 22:19

Edited by La máquina verde - 20/8/2013, 01:35

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 18/8/2013, 00:14

QUOTE (Militariarg @ 18/8/2013, 00:51) 
Ollie tu coleccion es amazing!!! Ahora viendo ese M1 medico, me doy cuenta que uno que tuve hace un tiempo, efectivamente venia de las islas, como habia sospechado. lo habia comprado en Canada, no entendia que hacia alli un casco medico argentino. Hoy en dia lo tiene un gran amigo coleccionista de Argentina.

Felicitaciones!

Muchas Gracias militariarg, Sorry to write in English .I built a lot of my collection up after the war in the 80,s I was lucky because I was born
in Devon in the south of England very near Plymouth .this I am sure you know is the Home of the navy and Royal marines .In those days these helmets were everywhere and were very cheep . But not know unfourtunatly

Edited by La máquina verde - 20/8/2013, 15:55

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 18/8/2013, 01:12

Edited by La máquina verde - 20/8/2013, 16:02

view post Posted on 18/8/2013, 01:46

Advanced Member

Group:

Right.
Congratulations.
Diverse collection of helmets.
Interesting to use tape to hold the cover!
I expect to see details of the inside of the helmets that remain.

best regards

juan pablo.

view post Posted on 18/8/2013, 14:21

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Estimated RAF REGIMENT GUNNER, I want to congratulate you on this magnificent collection of Argentine hulls!! I do not even have one authentic of the islands. You have managed in order that it is practically one differently from other one. Green olive case, fabric burlap, network, hull of sanitary. Uff, very good material. Even it is possible to estimate in his interior the original inscriptions. Thank you very much for sharing them. LMV

Estimado RAF REGIMENT GUNNER, quiero felicitarte por esta magnífica colección de cascos argentinos!! Yo ni siquiera tengo uno auténtico de las islas. Te has ingeniado para que sea prácticamente uno distinto al otro. Funda verde oliva, tela arpillera, red, casco de sanitario. Uff, muy buen material. Incluso se puede apreciar en su interior las inscripciones originales. Muchas gracias por compartirlos. LMV

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 18/8/2013, 19:35

Thank you Juan -Pablo and nacho for the kind words ,There is many years of collecting here

QUOTE (teysseire1972 @ 18/8/2013, 02:46) 
Right.
Congratulations.
Diverse collection of helmets.
Interesting to use tape to hold the cover!
I expect to see details of the inside of the helmets that remain.

best regards

juan pablo.

HI Juan Pablo , Your observation of the tape is good , I think the tape is British Artic camo tape added probably by a Royal marines Commando .
This tape would have gone down to the South Atlantic as part of the Artic stores ,The Royal marines use this for weapons and other items .My guess is the elastic snapped and the Marine used the tape to keep it together .Helmets such as this were in all the senior NCO,S offices + unit bars etc for years after 82

Edited by La máquina verde - 20/8/2013, 16:08

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 19/8/2013, 20:09

My last helmet in this group has the words and date Port Stanley 1982 on the cover

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

view post Posted on 20/8/2013, 15:10

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Here in the forum always we discuss if it suits or not, to manipulate the pieces. Would you spend fat to your him / oily to the sweatbandf of leather?

Aquí en el foro siempre discutimos si conviene o no, manipular las piezas. Tu le pasarías grasa/cera a la sudadera de cuero?

Saludos.
LMV

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 20/8/2013, 17:31

QUOTE (La máquina verde @ 20/8/2013, 16:10) 
Here in the forum always we discuss if it suits or not, to manipulate the pieces. Would you spend fat to your him / oily to the sweatbandf of leather?

Aquí en el foro siempre discutimos si conviene o no, manipular las piezas. Tu le pasarías grasa/cera a la sudadera de cuero?

Saludos.
LMV

Hola LMV, trato de no tocar los elementos, pero almaceno carfully en condiciones estables. El problema con la grasa y el aceite y la cera es que cambia la originalidad
y no se puede revertir. Para ser honesto, me gusta los artículos que son bien utilizados y no soy un fan de,, Mint, artículos sin charicter

commandercom
view post Posted on 20/8/2013, 20:04

absolutely magnificent!!!!!! like a museum!!!! here many of this pieces do not exist yet!!! you have a great treasure there!!! congratulations raf regiment gunner!!!!!

view post Posted on 20/8/2013, 23:36

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

I deal and respect it. I cannot support that the leather continues suffering. Attempt to hydrate it as soon as possible. Thank you very much. LMV

Entiendo y lo respeto. Yo no puedo soportar que el cuero siga sufriendo. Intento hidratarlo cuanto antes.
Muchas gracias.
LMV

view post Posted on 21/8/2013, 04:39

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

QUOTE (RAF REGIMENT GUNNER @ 20/8/2013, 18:31) 
QUOTE (La máquina verde @ 20/8/2013, 16:10) 

Saludos.
LMV

Hola LMV, trato de no tocar los elementos, pero almaceno carfully en condiciones estables. El problema con la grasa y el aceite y la cera es que cambia la originalidad
y no se puede revertir. Para ser honesto, me gusta los artículos que son bien utilizados y no soy un fan de,, Mint, artículos sin charicter

Hi Ollie: first my congrats for a magnificent pot's collection, and then great photographic work!
I agree with you about the "no treatment" of any piece, and as you said I like the "usadito" way (with some wear, with some action!).
But, I also like the mint condition as reference or text book examples.
Congratulations again

HHD

Hola Ollie: ante todo felicitaciones por tan magnifica colleccion de cascos y ademas por un gran trabajo fotográfico.
Estoy de acuerdo con tu opcion de no tratar ninguna pieza, solo tenerla bien acondicionada en un medio apropiado, y com bien dijiste a mi tambien me gustan "usaditas" (con algun desgaste y con algo de acción!).
Pero tambien me gustan "mint" para tener como referencia o como pieza de manual.
felicitaciones nuevamente
HHD

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 21/8/2013, 11:50

QUOTE (La máquina verde @ 21/8/2013, 00:36) 
I deal and respect it. I cannot support that the leather continues suffering. Attempt to hydrate it as soon as possible. Thank you very much. LMV

Entiendo y lo respeto. Yo no puedo soportar que el cuero siga sufriendo. Intento hidratarlo cuanto antes.
Muchas gracias.
LMV

Hola LMV, el debate sobre el tratamiento del cuero se intresting. Mi argumento es que una vez que un elemento se almacena bien no va a empeorar y aplicar aceite / cera de hecho empeora las cosas. Yo trabajo mucho con algunos grandes Mueseums y los departamentos de conservación de todas digo tratamiento mínimo es de lo mejor. Yo, el mundo de Militaria, como cascos WW2 alemán si el aceite o la cera del cuero o de acero el precio se reducirá. He estimado
mis artículos del 82 como importantes reliquias históricas, así que queremos que sean vírgenes, pero en condición estable. Si los artículos están bien guardados y carfully handeled no deben deteriate

view post Posted on 21/8/2013, 14:57

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Hi RRG, very good information that of the departments of conservation of the museums, but you have said something very important also, the vital thing that is an own space, with the standards of a mini museum, to preserve our collections. Poor box of carton, since it is my case, is the maximum thing that I can offer to my pieces, is a shame because really I can verify his deterioration. Sniff, sniff ......

Hola RRG, muy buena información la de los departamentos de conservación de los museos, pero has dicho algo muy importante también, lo vital que es un espacio propio, con los estándares de un mini museo, para preservar nuestras colecciones. Un pobre caja de cartón, como es mi caso, es lo máximo que puedo ofrecer a mis piezas, es una lástima porque verdaderamente puedo comprobar su deterioro. Sniff, sniff......

LMV

He copiado tu respuesta en el Thread "Mantenimiento del correaje de cuero verde", porque es muy interesante lo que dices.

Muchas gracias.
LMV

42 replies since 17/8/2013, 19:34   1590 views